Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Ant and the Apple


To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.~Mark Twain

Luckily, I have these covered. So, success must be minutes away.

This quote reminded me of the little ant I found eating an apple in our garden last year. I assume she is completely ignorant of my existence and supremely confident in her ability to eat that apple. I'd like to emulate that. Whatever big, bad possibilities and obstacles might be out there, I'll just keep on feasting on my apple.

2 comments:

Petergaye S. Kisielewicz/ Yahgie on November 12, 2009 at 1:38 PM said...

I love! love! this posting. Very inspiring. The quote is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

T.McCarthy on November 18, 2009 at 2:47 PM said...

Very cool! I love this post too--and the photo. It's quite inspirational to see that the ant's a "she" and that sooner or later, she'll share her grub with her colony. It's like for a moment she's alone in the picture, however, it's beautiful to think that she defi*ant*ly eats her way through...

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Dreamer, Compiler of Facts, Idealist, Compulsive Yarn Handler, Last Person Picked for Kickball, Willing Participant in Mayhem