Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Inspiration comes from the past...




I've been reading "The Lakota Way." The stories the old ones told remind me of the best parts of me that seem to be so neglected in this modern world. Working with my hands, communing with the natural world, living sustainably, harvesting food that I planted in the earth, living with nobility, and being true to who I am.

I'm already planning for next year's garden. I found a picture of last spring's beans and it makes me want to stick my hands in the dirt.

1 comments:

T.McCarthy on November 10, 2009 at 2:25 PM said...

Hay! This shameless self-promotion of yours has gotten me to subscribe to your feed! I love you!

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Dreamer, Compiler of Facts, Idealist, Compulsive Yarn Handler, Last Person Picked for Kickball, Willing Participant in Mayhem