Wednesday, November 11, 2009

On fortitude...

"We all want to be strong all of the time; we want to enter the race at our best; we want to be swift and graceful and embody all the attributes the world seems to reward most. But in the real world we are not all strong; we are not all swift; and we can't face every circumstance with every attribute or resource we should. But whatever we have or don't have, whatever we are or aren't, no matter how tired or disillusioned we are, there is still a need to be met--an objective to be reached, a dream to be realized. Chances are we won't reach our objective in one giant step. Success is rarely the result of one fell swoop, but more often the culmination of many, many small victories." Joseph M. Marshall III




I've been in school off and on for ten years working on an elusive bachelor's degree. Sometimes, it seems that it will never happen. Now, I've been working on my Etsy shop and it is burgeoning ever so slowly. I found this quote yesterday when things were looking down. I hope it lifted you, like it did me.

P.s. We found that snail in a beautiful redwood grove in Northern California.

3 comments:

Fern on November 11, 2009 at 8:22 AM said...

LOVE the quote! Yes, uplifted me for sure! Thanks for sharing it :) I think it's spot one too :) Hope is a must & this quote renews hope in some way.
31everything.com

Annette on November 11, 2009 at 9:11 AM said...

Great quote! Just when I needed it too!

Hubby said...

Ladybird Johnson Grove, to be specific.

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Dreamer, Compiler of Facts, Idealist, Compulsive Yarn Handler, Last Person Picked for Kickball, Willing Participant in Mayhem