Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pretty Is as Pretty Does...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.~Miss Piggy


I like for pretty things to have practical applications. Just like I like pretty people to be useful members of society instead of vapid, shallow, selfish consumers of fashion and adulation. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, and I like beholding kind, compassionate, loving, caring, thoughtful, intelligent, and self-aware people more than I like beholding people who like to be beheld.


So, I agree with Miss Piggy. Even though I suspect she may be one of the vapid/selfish people/pigs, I think she has a valid point. Sometimes you need to knock people over the head to help them see where the true beauty in the world lies.

I made those coasters with pretty colors, but they are, oh, so useful for protecting fine surfaces, so I feel just fine about them.


3 comments:

Fernanda Frick on November 18, 2009 at 11:06 AM said...

Oh I usually get guilty for making pretty stuff but not usefull xD but I'm working on it! Beautifull coasters btw :)

Annette on November 18, 2009 at 7:43 PM said...

I love those coasters!

Kaati Rocketts on November 19, 2009 at 9:34 AM said...

Thanks! And, to tell the truth, I sometimes make things that are more pretty than useful, too. :)

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Dreamer, Compiler of Facts, Idealist, Compulsive Yarn Handler, Last Person Picked for Kickball, Willing Participant in Mayhem